Conferences & Workshops
FAQ about Registration
Job Fair to Promote Diversity
Date: Saturday - March 10, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: Trinity School
Liz Fernandez, Job Fair Administrator
115 West 91st Street (between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues) in Manhattan.
New York, NY 10024
Please note that while no one will be excluded, this event is designed to increase the numbers of teachers and administrators of color within independent schools.
Date: Saturday - March 10, 2012 @ Trinity School, 115 West 91st Street in Manhattan.
Candidates - click here for complete information. Candidates Register here.
School Registration Information
NYSAIS School Registration open January 4, 2012
Contact Maria Flores
or Barbara Swanson
should you have questions about school registration.
School Schedule ONLY
10:00 School representatives may begin to set up tables and post messages for pre-registered candidates
10:30 Box lunches available to School representatives (2 per school)
12:00 Networking & Interviewing with candidates begins
3:00 Networking & Interviewing Ends
School Registration Fee
- Early registration until Jan. 31 = $650.00 for members only.
- Regular registration beginning February 1 = $795.00 for members and $925.00 for non-members.
- Because space is strictly limited, your space is not guaranteed until you register with a credit card. You will not receive your password to access online résumés until we receive your fee.
- Deadline to register or cancel is 10 days prior to the event, or when 65 schools have registered.
- Once 65 schools have registered, additional interested schools will be placed on a waitlist.
Services to schools
- A table and 2 chairs for each school
- Message board organized by job type (for schools to post openings) and a message board to post notes for pre-registered candidates.
- Free box lunches for two school representatives
- Schools can post anticipated vacancies directly on the NYSAIS web-site under Career Center Job Postings prior to the Job Fair, to allow candidates to peruse these opportunities. There is no deadline to post vacancies.
- Candidate Résumés:
- Usernames and passwords will be emailed to the school's contact person listed on the registration form on February 27, giving schools access to online pre-registered candidate resumés.
- The contact person, designated on the registration form, will receive the access information and is responsible for disseminating that information to the members of their school who share in the hiring responsibilities.
- Résumés are cross referenced by discipline/ administrative interest, grade level and geographic preference.
- School representatives will have 2 weeks to review résumés online before the Job Fair. Schools are responsible for researching the résumés and printing them if desired.
- These files will be available online until May 15.
Schools should bring
- A tablecloth and school literature, photographs, hand-outs, etc.
- A team of two people who are directly responsible for hiring and retention.
- Pre-printed résumés which you have downloaded from online files.
- Job descriptions of your anticipated openings to post on the bulletin board and pre-printed messages for the pre-registered candidates. You may also use these convenient templates:
If your school cannot attend:
- We strongly recommend that all registered schools attend the Job Fair in person. However, where distance makes this impractical, schools can still participate by registering, which entitles them to a listing in the directory and access to online résumés beginning Monday, February 27.
- After the Job Fair, non-registered schools may purchase access to the résumé files for a fee of $200.00. These files will be available until May 15.
School Registration is Sold Out . Registration links will go live on January 4.
Early Registration before Feb. 1
- Member Schools Only - $650.00 per school - Register Here
Regular Registration beginning Feb. 1
- Member Schools - $795.00 per school - Register Here
- Non-Member Schools - $925 per school - Register here
Credit Card payment only