NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
|School Name||Friends Seminary|
|City, State||New York, NY|
The Admissions Manager/Registrar (AMR) is a 12-month staff position directly responsible to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management. The AMR also works closely with the two Associate Directors of Admissions – one of whom is also the Director of Financial Aid. In support of Admissions and the School as a whole, the AMR is responsible for both applicant and enrollment databases as well as all attendant administrative and technological responsibilities in support of enrollment and retention. The AMR interacts with both the School’s constituencies and with applicant families. As Registrar, the AMR is responsible for maintaining historical records and responding to alumni transcript requests.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Mature technological skills: In an online office, these skills are essential and should include a sophisticated knowledge of online communications, databases and computers. Specifically:
- Blackbaud, Senior Systems, and Ravenna - construct, modify, and troubleshoot queries, export data and merge information with different data systems
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
· Ability to anticipate the needs of the Office and to respond accordingly
· Initiative and vision
· Solid organizational skills
· Close attention to detail
· Marketing sensibility: Since the AMR is a family’s first contact with the School, she/he plays a key position in marketing the School.
· Ability to move at a fast and accurate pace: The Admissions Office moves quickly, and the AMR needs to stay in front of the process, creating systems to simplify the administrative needs of the Office.
· Interact with current and prospective famiies (by phone, in person, through email)
· Oversee and manage Admissions database and attendant demands e.g. electronic file system, statistical reports, mail merges, charts, forms, admissions letters, financial aid correspondence, labels, etc.
· Schedule tours/interviews (computerized) – understanding the “big picture” and interdependencies of the admissions process
· Guide applicant families through the admissions process
· Maintain electronic applicant files
· Issue and monitor enrollment and re-enrollment contracts, working closely with the Business Office and the Director of Financial Aid
· Understand the School’s mission and the K-12 academic and non-academic programs in general
· Provide administrative support e.g. special events, file maintenance, financial aid process
· Maintain up-to-date and accurate database information
· Interface with and communicate pertinent information to relevant administrative offices e.g. Business, Development and Divisional Offices
· Maintain and update the Admissions portion of the website.
· Maintain historical records (graduates and former students); respond immediately to transcript requests; maintain records in an organized and easily accessible format
· Manage student archives converting graduate records into PDF files each summer
Interested candidates must submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
When submitting required documents, kindly reference in the subject line: your first and last name, the position you are applying for and where you heard about the position. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application online. Kindly submit your information only once per school year. No phone calls, please.
Friends Seminary is an equal opportunity employer. We do not exclude anyone on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.