Mission: The Churchill School & Center is a K-12 College preparatory day school dedicated to working collaboratively with students, educators and families to help children with language-based learning disabilities realize their full potential. Churchill provides a rigorous program that teaches children perseverance, resiliance, the importance of self-awareness and self-advocacy and to be confident, productive and caring people. Tolerance, respect, and active engagement are hallmarks of our intentionally diverse community. The Churchill School & Center recognizes its responsibilities to the wider educational community and is committed to remaining a leader in its field.
Position Description: As a member of The Churchill School & Centers Leadership Team, the Director of Admissions & Communications reports directly to the Head of School. The Director plans, organizes and implements all programs to attract, recruit, reenroll, and retain qualified students.
Duties and Responsibilities - Admissions & Enrollment Management
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Present the School to prospective students and parents, including: 1) the systematic and efficient handling of applications and communication with candidates and their parents. 2) tours of the institution; 3) interviews with candidates and their parents; 4) securing of necessary students credentials; 5) and communicating final decisions to the appropriate division.
- Facilitate the enrollment process by coordinating with appropriate division principal,
- Manage the re-enrollment of current students for the succeeding year with constant monitoring of attrition and retention
- Initiate, create and directly participate in innovative programs and activities intended to interest parents and potential supporters in sending students to Churchill
- Travel in support of the marketing and recruitment goals of the school including attending School fairs, meeting prospective students and parents and working with educational agents.
- Evaluate continually and redesign where appropriate all aspects of admissions program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants.
- Manage relationships with Department of Education: CSE (Committee on Special Education) and CBST (Central Based Support Team).
- Design and implement a comprehensive strategic plan of marketing and promotion for Churchill
- Promote and develop strong working relationships and create networking opportunities with outside institutions or groups that can be helpful in attracting quality students. (consultants, special education attorneys, Parents League, School associations, etc.)
- Develop strategies for involving alumni, current students, parents of former and current students in recruiting process in collaboration with the Development Office.
- Initiate, create and directly participate in the development and publication of appropriate admissions and marketing materials that present the school to prospective students ensuring consistency of message and design.
- Represent the School at various internal and external gatherings and conferences related to admissions, student recruitment and marketing.
- Solicit, manage and edit content for bi-weekly community e-newsletter in collaboration with the Technology Department.
- Manage Churchill's Social media presence (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Function as the staff liaison to the Churchill Communications Committee.
Benchmarking, Research and Assessment
- Prepare and maintain relevant statistics on all aspects of the admissions and recruitment efforts including geographical distribution of students, and attrition.
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing initiatives and activities.
- Interpret these statistics, when appropriate to administration, board of trustees and faculty.
Budget and Staff Management
- Develop the Admissions Department budget in collaboration with the Head of School.
- Serve on the Leadership Team, supporting the School and its leadership.
Measurements of Success
Meet Enrollment targets
Increase quantity and quality of inquiries and applications.
Improve yield rates.
Meet budget targets.
Overall rate of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, and organization of all admissions procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of and passion for students with learning disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing/communications, humanities or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in successful recruitment and admissions roles, preferably in an LD School setting; Demonstrated responsibility for and success at meeting targets and improving applicant numbers and quality in a recruitment process.
- Experience in communications/marketing strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a team of people.
- Experience in managing a budget, including setting budgets and budgetary priorities, forecasting and meeting targets.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills; excellent presentation skills essential.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage and execute multiple objectives concurrently.
- Ability to formulate and articulate policies, procedures, expectations and practices.
- Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (administrative staff, students, parents, agents, faculty, alumni)
- Proficiency with MS office and managing databases required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings whenever necessary.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice.
How to apply
Submit the following electronically as a single pdf file, using the following naming convention: LASTNAME-ADMISSIONS
- Cover letter expressing your interest in Churchill and relevant qualifications
- Current RV/Resume
- Contact information for three references
Address file to Dr. TImothy P. Madigan, Head of School and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org