NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
Director of Development
|Start||September 5, 2017|
|School Name||Notre Dame School of Manhattan|
|City, State||New York, NY|
The Director of Development leads the fundraising efforts for Notre Dame School of Manhattan. The Director oversees annual and planned giving, alumnae relations, special events, and grant applications. All efforts are aimed at advancing the mission of Notre Dame by identifying and securing the resources necessary to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the work in the Chez Nous spirit.
The Director of Development reports to the President and supervises development personnel tasked to assist the Director in meeting the goals of the Development Office.
1. Develop and execute, with the approval of the President, Notre Dame’s annual fundraising plan. The plan includes strategies for generating support for Notre Dame from alumnae, parents, friends, and foundations and sets targets for annual giving, planned giving, foundation grants, alumnae participation and special events.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with donors.
3. Analyze data to plan for the strategic growth of annual giving and growth in participation; develop new revenue streams based on the data and other current best practices; report regularly to the President (and Board).
4. Develop relationships with foundations for ongoing and expanded fundraising. Direct and oversee the preparation, submission and tracking of grant proposals/applications to generate funds for Notre Dame.
5. Direct all aspects of the planned giving program; actively recruit and steward estate and other planned gifts.
6. Work in collaboration with the President to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from a portfolio of principal givers.
7. Continue to advance a fundraising program for Notre Dame School’s Strategic Plan.
8. Manage the day-to-day operation of the Development Office including the supervision of staff responsible for advancement services (e.g., data entry, gift processing, donor recognition, etc.).
9. Develop a comprehensive communication plan, which includes social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), print media including annual report, and electronic communication to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
10. Maintain and update the school’s WordPress website.
11. Engage in ongoing professional development and involvement with NYSAIS and CASE.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. BA required, MA a plus
2. Certificate in Fundraising Management an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Knowledge of fundraising management and experience in development
2. Computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, internet, social media
3. Knowledge and experience using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
4. Knowledge of special events planning and management
5. Ability to manage staff and volunteers
Send cover letter and resume to
Dr. Virginia O’Brien, S.U., President
Notre Dame School
327 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014
Position starts September 5, 2017