NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
Head Varsity Cross Country Coach
|School Name||Dwight School - Associate Member|
|City, State||New York, NY|
Reports to: Director and Associate Director of Athletics
Overview of the Position: The Head Coach of the Varsity Cross Country team will work closely with the Director and Associate Director of Athletics to structure a full-school Cross Country program. The varsity coach will be required to promote the team, raise awareness of team accomplishments and communicate with athletes and parents on a regular basis.
Commitment Dates: August 18, 2017 - November 6, 2017 (i.e. Includes Cross Country post-season season dates, if team qualifies)
General Roles and Responsibilities:
· Develop a consistency in skills, instruction, and language throughout the program
· Plan and execute daily team practices at Central Park and Van Cortlandt Park
· Attend league meetings - August 28, 2017 and November 6, 2017 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
· Provide Communications department, Athletics Director and Associate Athletics Director bi-weekly updates on team progress, highlights from competitions and photos
· Register runners on Direct Athlete and Mile- Split to be eligible for league and championship meets
· Report varsity meet times to Athletics Director and Associate Athletics Director
· Maintain records of team and individual athletic accomplishments
· Plan and coordinate preseason (August 21, 2017- September 1, 2017)
· Inventory team equipment
· Complete concussions, first aid, and CPR/AED training (CPR and First Aid offered at Dwight School)
· Coordinate an end-of-season team party (small gathering of just team members and coaches)
· Required to travel to and from each meet and practice with the student-athletes
· Attend Varsity Team Banquet -Thursday, May 24, 2018 (6:00pm – 8:00pm)
· Ensure all student-athlete medical forms are on file with school health care provider
· Other specific cross country duties that may arise
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
Interested candidates should submit their most recent resume via e-mail to Michael Horvath, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Head Varsity Cross Country Coach”.
Dwight School’s goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities. It is also the policy of Dwight School to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regards to any term or condition of employment.