NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
Graphic Design Teacher
|School Name||Churchill School and Center|
|City, State||New York, NY|
The Churchill School & Center, a K-12 school for students with language-based learning disabilities, is seeking a head teacher for Graphic Design, Photography and Yearbook in the high school division, effective immediately.
Individual responsibilities will vary based on the teacher's skills and interests, but candidates should have extensive classroom experience and a willingness to work collaboratively as part of a group of enthusiastic educators. Certification in the content area is strongly preferred. However, non-certified candidates may be considered if they agree to pursue certification.
· Planning curriculum, lessons and assignments/projects.
· Developing critical thinking, problem solving skills and tools for students to become independent, college bound learners.
· Breaking down/scaffolding of in-class assignments and projects.
· Grading student work and participation.
· Tracking student’s work and progress.
· Holding extra-help sessions during lunch and after school
· Strong skills in the Mac based Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom).
· Knowledge of digital photography (understanding of aperture, shutter speed, and off-camera lighting).
· A working knowledge of large scale printing is a plus.
· Knowledge of, or experience with learning disabilities.
Churchill values and actively seeks to promote a diverse culture through our hiring and programming. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com