NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
Upper School Mathematics Teacher
|School Name||Poly Prep Country Day School|
|City, State||Brooklyn, NY|
Poly Prep seeks applicants for a full time Upper School leave replacement teacher of Mathematics. The position will begin in December 2017 and end in June 2018. The position requires knowledge of and practice in constructivist teaching methods, varied assessment methods and tools, and creating student-centered, interdisciplinary lessons.
Qualified applicants will have experience teaching and advising high school mathematics, particularly Algebra II, differentiating instruction for a wide range of learners, and incorporating technology in the classroom. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for teaching, a love for learning and working with students, families and colleagues, and a sense of humor. Candidates should have at minimum a bachelor’s degree; graduate degree preferred.
· 4 mathematics courses
· Willingness to meet with students on an individual basis as need be
· Eagerness to keep up with developments in the field and amend and develop curricula as necessary
· Ability to keep accurate grades, effectively communicate with students and families, and provide feedback on student progress consistently throughout the school year
· Assume role as an advisor for a group of students (7-10 students)
· Attend community events throughout the school year
· Demonstrate commitment to professional development
· Attend and engage in meetings during and after the school school day including but not limited to: department, committee, divisional and grade level meetings
Poly Prep strives to be an equitable, just, and diverse community, one proud of and deeply committed to empowering students to discover who they are and what they want to be. In keeping with the country day school philosophy, we seek community members who will share a passion for learning in and out of the classroom. Every educator at Poly Prep aspires to uphold our mission “to support and inspire the next diverse generation of leaders and global citizens to act with intelligence, imagination and––above all––character.”
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume detailing their interest in the position and specific evidence of their qualifications to:
Maria DiCarlo, Ed.D.
Chair of Mathematics Department