Conferences & Workshops
FAQ about Registration
iPads in the Curriculum - Innovate and Integrate
Date: Wednesday - October 12, 2011
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Location: Marymount School
Speakers: Eric Walters & Katie KruegerMarymount School1026 Fifth AvenueNew York, NY 10028For all Grades
Bio of Whitney R
The iPad, the latest development in mobile computing devices as well as an emerging educational technology, provides another opportunity for educators and students to create, collaborate and innovate. Today's students, the iGeneration, learn anytime and anywhere. As Media and Educational Technology Derek Baird states, "While educators and parents might be a bit nervous to embrace this trend, the reality is that students have already embraced the mobile web and now it is up to us to figure out how to see this technology in an educational setting to keep them engaged in the learning process.
In this workshop, led by Marymount School iPad Innovators, participants will discuss:
- how to develop and implement an iPad Program in their schools
- strategies for matching iPad applications to specific learning activities
- mechanisms for integrating the iPad into the curriculum
- the use of the iPad in such disciplines as world languages, mathematics, science and the humanities.
Participants will also have the opportunity to
- evaluate various subject-specific Apps
- create their own course content using the iPad
- hear from faculty members and students who have successfully used the iPad in their curriculum
Fee includes Continental breakfast, lunch and all materials Early Registration Fees apply until 2 weeks before the event
Regular Registration Fees apply within 2 weeks of the event
* Note: Payment is by credit card only.