MEMBER EVENTS CALENDAR
All NYSAIS members can use this calendar to post Professional Learning events that are open to all educators.
Click the Post New Event button above the calendar. Please be sure to enter all pertinent information, including any associated cost, into the appropriate fields before submitting. Your event will not appear below until it has been approved.
Disclaimer: NYSAIS does not endorse or sponsor any of these events. This calendar is a means for NYSAIS members to display events they are hosting.
Introduction to the Science of Reading Institute
Please visit our website for registration and more information about this three day event.
The Churchill School and Center is partnering with The Reading League to bring NYC educators a virtual 3-day event. By registering for this event you are granted a spot for the full three days. These sessions will take place from 8am - 2pm.
For all three days, the registration fee is $700.00 per person.
This unique, virtual professional development opportunity is exclusively for NYC educators and administrators who wish to learn about the Science of Reading.
Learning highlights include:
- What are the big lessons we have learned from the last 40+ years of scientific research on reading?
- What does it take to transform reading instruction in a school system?
- How do we best foster reading comprehension?
- What is phonemic proficiency, why is it important, and how do we assess it?
- What is phonic knowledge, why is it important, and how do we assess it?
- How can we use this data to plan instruction?
- What about writing
You will also be awarded 15.00 hrs of CTLE Credit