Oakwood Friends School seeks a full-time Middle School English teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Ideal candidates will have lead teaching experience as well as a commitment to professional collaboration, interdisciplinary teaching, social justice, equity, and diversity.
Other duties may include one season of coaching or a life-sport, student advising, and campus supervision duties, possibly including dormitory supervision one night per week. On Campus housing available July 31st, 2020
Oakwood offers a generous benefit package that includes retirement, health, life, and disability insurance plans, vacation, tuition remission, family, holiday, and sick leave.
In putting our Quaker Friends School belief into practice, Oakwood remains passionately committed to its long-standing goal of having an inclusive, diverse community of students and staff in an atmosphere of mutual respect and enrichment. Oakwood Friends School provides equal opportunity in the administration of its admissions, educational, and hiring policies.
Please address inquiries about positions to Anna Bertucci, Associate Head of School, by email at:
Oakwood Friends School is a Quaker, college-preparatory, coeducational, boarding and day school serving approximately 160 students in grades 5-12. A diverse learning community consists of students from over 10 countries, multiple states, and the local Hudson Valley region.
Some physical aspects of the Oakwood campus include:
- 50-acre campus, wooded, meadow, lawn
- Two-acre ground-based solar array, offsetting 100% of campus electrical consumption
- Five minutes from the Hudson River, seven minutes from Poughkeepsie Metro-North Station
- Four-season greenhouse, additional garden, raised beds and outdoor classroom space
- Newly renovated theater, dance and music studios, ceramics, art, digital studio spaces, digital media, dark room facilities
- Multiple on-campus housing options for individuals and families
- Six tennis courts, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, ultimate fields