NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
|School Name||Cathedral School of St. John the Divine|
|City, State||New York, NY|
The Cathedral School seeks a highly skilled professional to serve as the Advancement Associate. This person will work closely with the Director of Institutional Advancement and be proactively engaged in all aspects of the work of the Advancement Office, including special events, fundraising, communications, marketing, information systems management, and related activities. This person will be actively engaged on a daily basis with all constituents of the school, including current parents, alumni, parents of alumni, faculty, staff, and the broad community of colleagues in independent schools.
· Be a proactive member of the Advancement team, collaboratively developing and executing projects to advance the mission and strategic goals of the school.
· Effectively communicate a compelling case for support of The Cathedral School.
· Participate in management of fundraising programs and special events for the School’s advancement efforts, including the Annual Fund, Capital Campaign, Absalom Jones Benefit, and Special Visitors’ Day, among others.
· Support and manage key alumni engagement events including Young Alumni Homecoming and Alumni Reunion at Spring Fair
· Analyze and utilize data through Raiser’s Edge database to plan for and achieve all fundraising goals.
· Partner with communication colleagues to develop all fundraising materials and communications.
· Enthusiastically serve as one of the principal liaisons between the school and advancement volunteers in the community. Assist in recruitment, organization, and management of aspects of the Annual Fund volunteers, benefit volunteers, and members of the Board of Trustees.
· Partner with advancement colleagues on all advancement information systems. Effectively work on reconciliation with Business Office and auditors.
· Participate in key community events throughout the school year.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of two to four years of demonstrated success in managing and supporting advancement programs and volunteers.
· Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage and multi-task a diverse range of projects.
· Strong organization, interpersonal, collaborative, creative, oral, and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a mission-driven, collaborative, creative, high-energy, and team-oriented department.
· Expert proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (or similar donor database) a plus. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, BidPal, and iVolunteer. Photography and media skills a plus.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to Jennifer Rhodes at email@example.com.