NYSAIS Schools - Job Openings
Please be sure to visit the resources listed to the left of this window.
For instructions on posting jobs, click here.
Use the filters below to find the right job for you.
Director of Communications
|School Name||Caedmon School|
|City, State||New York, NY|
The Caedmon School is a Montessori-inspired preschool & elementary school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, serving children from 2-years-old through Fifth grade. We are actively pursuing a diverse, dynamic, and team oriented staff, and seek candidates devoted to equity and justice, and innovative approaches to education. As stated in our Mission, we honor the individual and foster each child’s natural curiosity, which is the foundation of academic achievement. We nurture empathy in our students to value perspectives other than their own. Our graduates are creative, capable, and courageous, ready to make their place in the world. Community, Montessori, Diversity, and Academic Excellence are at the forefront of all aspects of the school.
The Caedmon School seeks a full-time Director of Communications to develop,
coordinate, and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing plans. The communications office serves to enhance the school’s image and visibility as a leader in the Montessori philosophy and early childhood and elementary education. Across online and print publications, and social media, the Director will organize campaigns and initiatives to best reach our constituents, including current families, faculty and staff, alumni, prospective parents, pre-school directors, and friends. The primary role of the Director is to manage the voice of the school and ensure that communications are accurate in style and tone to reflect the school’s unique approach to learning. A strong candidate is innovative, energetic, a self-starter, and a strong collaborator who would be adept at negotiating relationships between various constituencies at the school, as well as outside vendors. This position reports to the Director of Development.
• A distinct fondness for young children
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 3 years experience in related communications or marketing field
• Excellent organizational, writing, editing, and data-collection skills
• Astute attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically about communications objectives and how to meet
• Knowledge of web content management systems, preferably Wordpress
• Familiarity and dexterity with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter,
• Basic photography skills
• Strategic communications planning & management
• Partner with Development, Admissions, and IT to seek new media opportunities toenhance the visibility of the school’s academic programs, fundraising initiatives,
students, faculty, and alumni
• Develop creative strategies to promote the school’s vision via the Internet, other
media, events, publications, and visual, verbal, and printed messages to ensure that Caedmon is recognized as a leader in Montessori-based early childhood and
• Partner with vendors to oversee production of all school publications, including
print advertising, admissions brochures, the school handbook, Caedmon Fund
solicitation, and The Steps of Caedmon, the school’s magazine, among others
• Write and edit articles for publications, as necessary
• Write, edit, and oversee production and distribution of two weekly newsletters to
• Establish relationships, create press releases, and distribute to local and national
• Manage and/or contribute to special projects, such as promotional videos or
• Manage the school website (Wordpress) in collaboration with an external web
• Update and maintain the website to ensure accuracy of information
• Oversee schedule and content of e-mail/web communications with families,
including routine communications and special announcements
• Manage and maintain the school’s social media feed, including Facebook, Twitter,
General Communications & Administration
• Assist faculty and staff with communications as necessary (ex: Admissions,
Development, and Caedmon Family Association materials)
• Stay abreast of Caedmon and relevant education topics in external media
• Periodically reach out to constituents to enhance understanding and visibility of
Caedmon with reference to articles and videos
• Maintain a style guide to ensure the unified presentation of all communication
materials produced by the school
• Coordinate and maintain all digital files of photos that relate to the school
• Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops as appropriate
To apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to Cindy Rodriguez, Director of Development, at email@example.com
The Caedmon School is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.