Resources and Links
Join the Business Managers Community Space to collaborate with other NYSAIS Business Managers.
www.zillow.com – home values
www.elementkjournals.com – training resources
www.ase.org – green schools and energy efficiency
Power to Schools Program - NY State program for energy savings
IRS Tax Requirements for Schools - PDF
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACABO)
National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
Employment Law - sites recommended by Mark Brossman
- Office of Attorney General, Eliot Spitzer - Publication Order Form
- Responsibilities of Directors and Officers of Not-for-Profit Corporations
- Internal Controls and Financial Accountability for Not-for-Profit Boards
- HTTP://www.dol.gov - U.S. Department of Labor--Federal wage and hour law; family and medical leave.
- http://www.labor.state.ny.us - N.Y. State Department of Labor--State wage and hour law and unemployment insurance.
- HTTP://www.eeoc.gov - U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission--Federal employment discrimination.
- http://www.nysdhr.com/hrlaw.html - N.Y. State Division of Human Rights--State employment discrimination.
- http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/ - N.Y.C. Commission on Human Rights--NYC Employment discrimination.
- http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security--I-9 and other immigration related information.
- http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/credempl.htm - U.S. Federal Trade Commission--Information on how to conduct background checks of employees.