Click on the link below for the pertinent information.
Disclaimer: NYSAIS neither endorses nor profits from references to the organizations in this resource section. All efforts were made to ensure that the organizations, websites, etc. are in keeping with and appropriate to the mission of the NYSAIS Diversity Committee, Nevertheless, we recommend that you thoroughly review each of these websites or organizations as you would any new program before using them in your community. If you encounter any potentially offensive issues with a resource listed here or would like to suggest a resource to add, please contact Barbara Swanson so the matter can be addressed by the NYSAIS Diversity Committee as soon as is possible.
Resources from April 2011 NYSAIS Annual Diversity Conference on Gender and Sexuality Diversity, featuring Jennifer Bryan
- Selected Resources (books, films, websites)
- Gender and Sexuality Books for PreK-6
- New Diagram of Sex and Gender
- Conference Take-Aways (from final share session)
- Learnings: What did we learn today?
- Questions: What questions remain?
- Our Shared Resources (from labels and chart paper)
- The Invisible Divide - Pat Romney's powerpoint
- Recommended Resources on Issues of Class by Patricia Romney, Ph.D.
- Socio-Economic Class in Independent Schools: An Educational Approach - Carol Swainson's powerpoint
- Waging a living - PBS film by Roger Weisberg
- Class Matters - New York Times Resources
- Demystifying the Middle Class Squeeze - Mark Mitchell's presentation at the NYSAIS Diversity Conference, April, 2006
- Tim Wise's website
- Amy Bowllan: The Kew-Forest School - Workshop 1 - An Online Toolkit for Diversity Learners (Lower School)
- Martha Haakmat: Packer Collegiate Institute - Workshop 2 - An Activity-Based Approach to Dialogue About Class Issues - Book list and Diversity Consultants