- Educational Resources
- Best Practices
- Committees, Activities, Conferences
- Resources for Governing Boards of Trustees
- Classroom Resources
- Book List
(NAIS - Student Diversity Leadership Conference)
- Be fully present.
- Speak from the "I" perspective.
- Be self-responsible and self-challenging.
- Listen, listen, listen, and process.
- Lean into discomfort.
- Experiment with new behaviors in order to expand your range of response.
- Take risks, be raggedy, make some mistakes – then let go.
- Accept conflict and its resolution as a necessary catalyst for learning.
- Be comfortable with silence.
- Be crisp; say what's core.
- Treat the candidness of others as a gift; honor confidentiality.
- Suspend judgment of yourself and of others.
April 9, 2018
Gender and Sexuality Diversity for Young Children
9:00 AM to 3:00 PMBrick Church School
62 E 92nd St, New York, NY 10128
For Grades PK - 3
Speaker: Jennifer Bryan
- April 10, 2018 Empowering Classrooms: School as a Context for Discovering and Doing What Matters 8:30 AM to 3:30 PMVillage Community School
April 11, 2018
NYSAIS Diversity Conference 2018
8:00 AM to 4:30 PMLycée Français de New York
505 East 75th Street, New York, NY 10021 map
Speakers: Chris Emdin and others
April 12, 2018
Executive Function and Metacognition: Strategies that foster success for all students
9:30 AM to 3:30 PMChurchill School and Center
301 E 29th St, New York, NY 10016 map
Presenters: Lynn Meltzer, Ph.D. and Donna Kincaid, M.Ed.
For grades 5-12
- April 9, 2018 Gender and Sexuality Diversity for Young Children 9:00 AM to 3:00 PMBrick Church School