NYSAIS Professional Learning Attendee Norms
We invite you to be a part of a NYSAIS event (i.e. Workshop, Conference, Committee Meeting, Institute, Symposium, Accreditation Visit) in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, inclusivity, and respect. We will not tolerate harassment in any form.
At a NYSAIS professional event, you agree to:
- Commit to being a supportive community member. Be fully engaged.
- Respect other attendees and staff.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of others.
- Respect the space and everything and everyone in it. Leave the space as you found it. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- Be a responsible representative of your school.
At residential conferences and institutes, NYSAIS may provide beer and wine during cocktail hour and at dinner. At other times, participants should patronize onsite bars and lounges.
- At Mohonk Mountain House, drinks may be charged to the room.
- At Carey Conference Center, cash is required at the honor bar.