NYSAIS MISSION STATEMENT
The New York State Association of Independent Schools promotes the independence, well-being and public understanding of, and respect for, New York independent schools and serves as an accrediting body chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.
NYSAIS ORGANIZATIONAL PRINCIPLES
In order to accomplish its mission, the New York State Association of Independent Schools:
- Establishes the criteria which reflect the values and best educational practices for evaluating and accrediting member schools.
- Promotes professional growth of teachers, administrators, and trustees through workshops, conferences, and exchanges.
- Informs and counsels the leadership at member schools in matters of legislation and regulation.
- Facilitates the development of cooperative projects among member schools and between member schools and public schools.
- Fosters mutually beneficial relations with the New York State Education Department, the National Association of Independent Schools, other educational associations, and the general public.
- Informs member schools about significant practices and developments in independent education.
- Provides such other services as will benefit the member schools and the communities they serve.
Approved by the NYSAIS Board of Trustees on November 2, 2011